This is a catalog of the things I use on a regular basis and find value in.
Inspired by other
MacBook Air 13" M2
— This may be my favorite piece of tech that I own. It's an absolute powerhouse packed into a small and sleek form factor. I can confidently say this is the best laptop I've ever owned.
- My only gripe is that it doesn't support two external monitors.
- I own it in Midnight: sexy as hell, but does have a tendency to attract fingerprints.
- iPhone 14 Pro — My iPhone is pretty much always on my person, for better or worse. It's a great phone, to the point that it fades into the background.
WASD V2 87-Key Keyboard
— I've been using this same keyboard since 2013. It was the first mechanical keyboard I bought, and I love it dearly.
- Switches are Cherry MX Browns.
- Zed ↗ — Zed's been my primary editor since September 2023.
- Alacritty ↗ — A modern and fast terminal emulator. It's cross-platform too, so I can use it on both macOS and Linux.
- Zellij ↗ — My use of terminal multiplexers has historically been just infrequent enough that I always forget how to use tmux between uses. Zellij is modern and has all the stuff I need out of the box, so it's what I end up using when I need to manage a bunch of terminals.
— I use Nix as my defacto package manager on both Linux and macOS.
- I also use Nix to manage my dotfiles.
- Rust ↗ — Rust is my daily driver and the first thing I reach for when I need to solve a problem. If something can be written in Rust, I'm going to write it in Rust.
- Postgres ↗ — Postgres is an absolute workhorse and is my default choice when I need storage in production.
- SQLite ↗ — I've been exploring using SQLite for scenarios where Postgres is too heavy or otherwise unnecessary (like local-first software).