Marshall Bowers — Full-stack Engineer
Hey there, I'm Marshall.
I'm a full-stack engineer with over 9 years of experience building production-ready web applications.
I'm a functional programming enthusiast, with a penchant for strongly-typed functional languages like F#, Haskell, and Idris.
I care deeply about code quality and technical excellence.
My primary goal on any team is to serve as a force multiplier to increase the effectiveness of those around me. In pursuit of this goal I strive for practiced empathy, constant self-improvement, and clear written and verbal communications.
Technologies & Frameworks
Platforms & Operating Systems
WorkOSNovember 2020 – Present
- » Helped developers make their apps enterprise-ready
Senior Application Developer Analyst
Gravic, Inc.Apr 2020 – October 2020
- » Built REST APIs in F# and ASP.NET Core and React apps in TypeScript
- » Trained other developers on the functional programming paradigm, both in F# and TypeScript
- » Performed code reviews to ensure new code aligned with quality standards
Application Developer Analyst
Gravic, Inc.Mar 2017 – Apr 2020
- » Designed and implemented a service for connecting to a variety of learning management systems (Canvas, Blackboard, D2L) by exposing a common API
- » Worked alone to implement a sign-in portal to support OAuth 2.0 and SSO logins
- » Developed a React design system for creating consistent UIs across internal and customer-facing applications
- » Spearheaded efforts to improve internal tooling and automate developer processes
- » Ported a critical C++ dependency to C#, removing the need to ship the C++ redistributable with the product installers
Gravic, Inc.Jun 2016 – Mar 2017
- » Led a team in rewriting an existing AngularJS application in React and TypeScript
Application Developer Associate
Gravic, Inc.Dec 2015 – Jun 2016
- » Contributed features and bug fixes in an AngularJS application
- » Led the effort in adopting TypeScript
- » Automated the service deployment pipeline using Octopus Deploy
Application Developer Intern
Gravic, Inc.May 2013 – Dec 2015
- » Core contributor in designing and implementing a software licensing and activation system for use with Gravic's desktop products
- » Built a frontend for the software licensing API that allowed sales and support teams to easily manage customer licenses
- » Redesigned the three company websites and converted them to WordPress
- » Planned and oversaw a successful migration to Git for versioning source code
- » Trained other developers in using Git and established Git conventions